Why make a complaint?
If you are disappointed with the standard of service, care or treatment provided at Townhouse Dental Practice.
How do we view complaints?
We are sorry that you feel a complaint is justified. Complaints are an opportunity for us to review our procedures and ensure that the high standards of care, service and ethics are maintained. In a busy practice, we acknowledge that, despite our best efforts, human error is inevitable. We welcome the opportunity to graciously resolve any issues that have arisen. However, please be aware that unreasonable or aggressive behaviour is not tolerated within Townhouse Dental Practice.
What is our code of Practice?
All complaints are:
- Taken Seriously
- Investigated fully and internally by our ‘complaints team’.
- Handled in a fair, honest and in a reasonable way.
- Dealt with promptly and courteously.
- Not biased by age, sex, race, religion, medical / family / social history.
- Not biased by NHS or Private care.
- Recorded in comprehensive detail.
Who are the Complaints team?
Matthew Preston (Clinical Lead & Business owner)
T 028 70342393
Carolyn Hardy (Practice manager)
T 028 70342393
How do I make a complaint?
Complaints can be made in person, by telephone or in writing (including email).
What happens next?
Your Complaints will be:
- Acknowledged within 3 working days and, if necessary, a suitable appointment made with you to discuss the matter.
- Investigated thoroughly and promptly by the ‘complaints team’.
- Responded to within 10 working days.
- You will be notified if there are any unavoidable delays.
If we conclude that your complaint is justified:
- We will apologise unreservedly.
- Attempt to resolve the problems to a mutual satisfaction either through further correspondence or a further meeting.
If we conclude that the complaint is not justified:
- Your future care at Townhouse Dental Practice will not be adversely affected.
For complaints about NHS treatment, anonymised copies of written complaints and our written response are sent to the HSC Board for monitoring purposes within 3 working days of the response being issued.
What if I am still not satisfied?
If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint, we would encourage you to contact us again with any outstanding issues and we will investigate further and/or advise of options available to you. Alternatively, you can approach:
- Northern Ireland Ombudsman, Freepost NIPSO, Belfast BT1 6BR telephone: 0800 343424 or ni-ombudsman.org.uk
- The Dental Complaints Service, Stephenson House, 2 Cherry Orchard Road, Croydon, Greater London CR0 6BA, 02082530800 or dentalcomplaints.org.uk for complaints about private treatment.
The patient & client council can act as advocate for you regarding complaints concerning NHS treatment. They can advise and support you through the complaints process, assist you in compiling a complaint and accompany you to meetings. The council can be contacted at 1st Floor Ormeau Baths, 18 Ormeau Ave, Belfast, BT2 8HS (Tel- 0800 917 0222)
For more information:
- HSCB Complaints Dept 12-22 Linenhall Street, Belfast, BT2 8BS. Tel 028 9536 3266 Email: email@example.com
- The Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority, 9th Floor, Riverside Tower, 5 Lanyon Place, Belfast BT1 3BT. Telephone: 028 9051 7500, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- The General Dental Council – website: https://gdc-uk.org/